Our infamous annual girls trips to Vegas all started in 2012 when my sister and i surprised my mom with tickets to Celine Dion for Christmas, The next year all of my girlfriends headed to Sin City for my bachelorette party! Two years later, my great auntie Trini, mom, sister, and I met up for a beautiful October weekend just going to shows and telling stories. Ever since, I have had a unique love for Las Vegas. I see it as a yearly trip to connect with my favorite ladies. Oddly enough I always feel like my Nana Rose is right there with us and there is just an unspoken happiness between us all while we are there. Besides the memories attached, I love that there are always lots of people in a happy/party mood in Las Vegas. It truly never sleeps! And where else can you wear head-to-toe sequins?? It might seem less credible seeing that we don’t drink, don’t gamble, and don’t go to strip clubs, but believe it or not, we know how to have a good time.
my must-dos in Las Vegas:
- Stay at the Paris hotel. Yes Paris is our fave, but even if you do not stay there, stay on that end of the strip. There is so much more going on compared to the side where the Luxor is.
- Eat at Mon Ami Gabi. Located in the Paris hotel (another reason we love it). We literally eat there breakfast, lunch, and dinner #sorrynotsorry. Get the mussels and fries!
- Buy tickets from the half price ticket booths (multiple locations on the strip) for a show or two! My favorites are now gone (Jersey Boys and Rock of Ages, yes I am depressed about it). But we recently saw the Michael Jackson One by Cirque De Soleil, Vegas! The Show, and of course you can’t go wrong with Pittbull or the other fun artists who frequent Vegas. It’s mostly just fun to get dressed up and have somewhere to go!
- After the show, see if JAMM is playing at the cabaret inside the Paris hotel (again with the hotel). They are the cutest band that plays great dancing music. Shakin what my mama gave me WITH my mama has got to be top of my favorite things in life.
- Napoleon’s Dueling Lounge is also pretty cool– request songs and then they’ll play them on the piano while the whole room sings along.
- Take a little stroll down to Marshalls because, Marshalls duh.
- And if you’re the pool type, you can basically get into any pool on the strip so spend an afternoon pool hopping!
- Last thing is to invite me to come along because I just love that place 🙂