The most beautiful and timeless city in all of USA, San Francisco! Both my maternal and paternal grandmothers are from SF and it just happens to be where my parents met. It is very special to me and I can almost guarantee that if you visit, it will be special to you too!
My city guide to the City
1. Grab sandwiches and take them to stow lake (get there early as parking is horrendous). Rent a boat and eat the sandwiches on the lake/feed the ducks! So beautiful. Plus there are a million things to do at the Golden Gate park, especially if you have kids.
2. Touristy things: Golden Gate Bridge, Pier 39, Fishermans Wharf, Lombard Street, Coit Tower, The Painted Ladies
3. China town & North beach: North Beach is the Italian district right near China town. (Marilyn Monroe was married in the cathedral in north beach). Make sure to eat a steamed sweet pork bun in China Town and to grab some pizza at Toni’s in North Beach. YUM.
4. Ghirardelli Square
5. Scomas is the BEST seafood but will cost you a pretty penny.
6. Palace of Fine Arts (super good photo op)
7. The funny pop culture musical, Beach Blanket Babylon
8. Union square for all the shopping
9. The embarcadero is fun for lunch or ice cream and near where you can catch the trolley cars
10. The De Young Museum always has cool things going on (also in golden gate park).
11. Crissy field for the best views of the Golden Gate Bridge/ the beach. Perfect place for an Instagram pic!
12. Take a drive through Pacific Heights to see some beautiful homes
13. Kirby Cove for the iconic Golden Gate Bridge swing photo