Have you ever been to a networking event and just left feeling so awkward without making a single new friend/connection?? ME TOO, many times. Except for once or twice when I just happened to meet two special souls, Lauren Woods and Chaila Runions. We clicked instantly and it was the start of beautiful friendships! Fast forward one year and we are all heading to Austin on a blogger’s girls’ trip!
It was a long weekend full of food, shopping, walking, and LAUGHS. Conversations that fill your bucket and leave you feeling re-energized and inspired to be better. A big thanks to these girls for making it happen: Becca Booker of bbooks.com, Avi Valencia of alwaysavi.com, Chaila Runions of chailajo.com, and Lauren Woods of lipglossandliving.com
Where to Stay
If you have a large group, the Airbnb we stayed at was really great (book the same one here). It was spacious, had two bathrooms, a huge closet, and was just a quick Uber/Lyft drive from all the main attractions. But if you are able to, stay at the San Jose Hotel– SO CUTE.
WHERE TO EAT
If Austin is anything, it is a foodie’s paradise and boy did we eat are way through the city. Below are the places we ate and loved:
1. Annies (brunch)
2. Irenes (brunch)
3. Walton’s Fancy and Staple (brunch)
4. Amy’s Ice Cream
5. Perlas (so cute + the best calamari– dinner)
6. Grizzeldas (fancy Mexican– not my favorite food tbh, but very trendy and fun ambiance)
7. Food trucks!
What TO Do
- One of my favorite places we went was Barton Springs. If it is warm out, bring a suit! If not, just sit on the steps with your feet in the water. It is so beautiful and feels so old fashion.
- Two steppin’. We were too late to take the actual class at Broken Spoke, but we could watch, listen, and participate from behind the group (for free), so we kinda scored. Then we spend an hour or so practicing what we learned on the dance floor– it was so fun!
- Shoppingggg. There is so much good local shopping in Austin. Some of my favorites were on 2nd Street: Luxe Apothetique & Hemline. And of course the cutest shops on Congress like Favor The Kind.
- Night out on the town. We found the best dancing on 6th Street on a Friday night. Country bars, sing-alongs, and my favorite, 90’s night (think Missy Elliott). But fair warning, you need Lauren Woods to reeeaaally go dancing!!!! (See IG Highlight video ?).
Watch a recap of our Austin trip via my Instagram Highlight video HERE.